Labels

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cheese & Veggie Quesadillas - Kids Special




I love the challenges of being a mom. It’s like reliving your childhood; it's great that you can do it at this age, because if you have missed out on anything then this is the best time to make up for it. I love reading my kids’ books – to them and for myself too! I always loved books and my mom got us the best books that we could ever ask for. Now when I see both my kids sharing the same love for books I understand what my mother must be feeling then and why she would save money and go out of her way to exhibitions and book shops to buy us books.

Talking about the challenges of being a mom, the biggest thing in my entire day is to make sure my kids eat well, at least at dinner. They love fruits, bread, curries and anything else that I make. The hardest thing in the entire world is to have them eat some vegetables. Every single day I have to sneak in at least one portion of veggies in their diet. I have started experimenting with various recipes that include veggies but still manage to taste yummy!

Cheese & Vegetable Quesadillas:

Ingredients:

Corn Quesadillas
Shredded cheese (any variety that you have handy)
Finely chopped spinach
Finely grated carrots
Tomato ketchup
Olive oil or butter
Salt
Pepper
Crushed peanuts

Heat a griddle, add a few drops of olive oil or butter and start cooking a tortilla. Cook for about a minute on each side and set aside. Cook another tortilla in a similar way and place the well-cooked Side looking at you. Add cheese, veggies, ketchup, peanuts, salt and pepper. Place the first tortilla on the top of this and press with a flat wide spatula. Let one side cook well, and then flip to the other side. Let it cook till subtly crunchy. Make small sections and serve. Trust me, kids love this stuff. It’s a wholesome meal - grains, veggies, protein. Be creative - add sliced grapes or pomegranate, cooked shredded chicken, grated broccoli, finely chopped hardboiled eggs are just a few examples. Try your hand at this; you will be surprised how creative you can really get when it comes to having your kids eat a really healthy hearty meal!
Remember to eat your veggies today!
-Sheetal

No comments:

Post a Comment